Mirch Masala has moved to a new location starting Jan 2011. You can now find me at http://www.mirchmasala.me Hope to see you all there! Thanks!

Hungarian Goulash and an award :)

>> Thursday, February 21, 2008

Whenever I make any soup or stew, AJ loves it and if he wants it to be made again, he says " make that goulash thing no". At first, I had no idea what he was talking about as I didnt know what a goulash was and I was pretty sure that I have never made one :D Its only later, that I understood that it was his "generic" term for soup!! :D


Last week, I decided to make the real Goulash for him. Since, I am a vegetarian, I had to look for a vegetarian Goulash recipe and found it here.




1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms ( i used the assorted gourmet mushrooms)
2 garlic cloves
1 green bell pepper
1 cup assorted veggies, chopped ( you can use carrots, potatoes etc)
1 tsp paprika
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
1 tsp oregano ( dried)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper

Heat the olive oil and saute the onions garlic and mushrooms. Add the green pepper, veggies and paprika and saute for another 3 mins. Mix in the tomatoes as well. Now, add the wine, oregano and tomato paste. Add enough water to make a stew like consistency and let it simmer for about 15 mins. Add the sugar and salt and pepper, just before serving.

I am sending this out to Monthly Mingle February 2008 - One-Dish Dinner.



Now for the best part. Last week, Easy Crafts of Simple Indian Food bestowed me with the Nice Matters Award.

“Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”

Thank you so much, Easy crafts, for thinking that I deserve this award!



I would love to pass this on to all of you bloggers out there, because I believe that, we all inspire someone or the other, become good friends as time goes on and defenitely deserve the Nice Matters Award. But, since I have to pass it on to specific bloggers, I would like to choose some of my old friends, who have inspired me when i was new to blogging and to some new friends I made on the way!! :)

Cynthia of Tastes Like Home
Mansi of Fun n Food
Happy Cook of My Kitchen Treasures
I would also love to pass this on to Aarthi @ Jushtt Jotting, who was the inspiration behind this blog. I would not have started blogging, if not for her!!! :)

18 comments:

Kalai February 25, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

Goulash looks great, Superchef! Congrats on the award! You deserve it! :)

Mansi Desai February 25, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

the goulash looks great! I've tasted it before and would love to make it!

congrats on the deserved award!:)

Mansi Desai February 25, 2008 at 5:55 PM  

and I also meant to say THANKS for passing it on to me!:)

easycrafts February 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

Congrats dear...u surely deserve it

Asha February 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM  

Goulash looks great, I bet he loved it!:)
Enjoy the award too, well deserved!

Happy cook February 26, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

Looks so delicious. And congrats with the award

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen February 26, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

Thank you so much sweetie! :)
I am giving it right back to you!

Laavanya February 26, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

Goulash is a funny name.. looks nice and congrats on the award!

jusshtt jotting February 27, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

im so glad i bugged u to start blogging..ur blog is simply superb...:)miss ya babe....the goulash looks awesome so also the breakfast bar :)

Superchef February 27, 2008 at 5:48 PM  

thank you all of u for all those wonderful comments and those lovely words of inspiration, as always!!! :)

n aarthi...missed u in the midst of all my foodie friends...i pass this on to u as well..miss ya too!! :(

Sig February 27, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

that goulash looks great superchef :) Congrats on the award...

bhags February 28, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

Goulash looks nice and thanks for introducing to the Hungarian cuisine....need to venture into them..:)
Congrats for the award

P.S. Mansfield Park seems nice, havent read it for sometime now....To me Fanny Price is adorable

Nanditha Prabhu March 2, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

goulash is really inviting...
congrats on the award

Cynthia March 2, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Thank you dearest and hearty congratulations on the award, it is very much deserved.

shriya March 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Congrats on your award. The dish looks delicious. Nice Entry.

Meeta K March 4, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

Well deserved award and as for the goulash . it looks great. hearty and perfect. Thanks for the entry!

Mrs. W March 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

What a lovely blog you have--and so deserving of your award! The goulash looks great!

jusshtt jotting March 20, 2008 at 5:20 AM  

:) jus saw ur comment....thanks re...glad that i started u off on bloggin :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Mirch Masala and taking time to go through my musings and recipes. Your comments / feedback are very valuable to me and I will try my best to respond to each and every one of you individually.
Hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back again, very soon!

Followers

Mirch Masala on FaceBook

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP